After I graduated from chef’s school, I worked at a restaurant which made gourmet meals, mostly catering for lunches. One of the menu items was a glorified chicken burger. What made this burger so unique was the marinade that came with it. Along with the smokey flavor left after grilling the chicken, there was really nothing better than this. There is nothing worse than a dry chicken breast and this can happen easily, but if you have the right chicken breast marinade then you will really be in for a treat.
Chicken Breast Marinade Ingredients
I have adapted the chicken breast marinade recipe slighty, but you can also add your own variations in order to make it slightly hotter or you can even add another flavor.
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup oyster sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Handful chopped mixed herbs
- Mix everything together in a bowl
- Before you put the chicken in there, they need to
- It is best you leave this overnight, but you can also use it straight away.
- Put the chicken on the grill and keep on basting the left over marinade on the chicken as you turn it.
Serving your grilled chicken breast
Don’t just put this on a bun and serve it. This is where your creativity comes through. Serve an interesting mango and rocket salad with a couple of wedges with this or potatoes which have been cut thinly and baked in the oven with stock and onions or cream. There is lots you can think of.
Experiment with your chicken breast marinade
This is not the only way to make a chicken breast marinade. The best way is to experiment. This, of course will give you a base and from here you can add certain things like orange zest and juice to give it that citrus flavor. Balsamic, lemon or mustard are a couple of other ingredients that can be used to create different flavors.
Some people prefer not to flatten the chicken. Some people also prefer to go by a specific recipe. There are chicken breast marinade recipes available from all over the world, which you can enjoy with different things. You could probably find something different to have every night of the week. Whether you want Italian or Mexican, you will definitely be able to find it in the form of a grilled chicken breast. The only difference is that it will be marinated using different ingredients.
Top tips for marinating grilled chicken
- Try to limit the oil in the recipe because the flavors won’t stand out as much.
- Don’t forget about the chicken and leave it marinating for too long because the acid will break down the flesh.
- Cover the chicken in a bowl, but preferably you should place it in a zip-lock bag and put this in a bowl so it doesn’t spill out.
- About 4 minutes before you stop grilling the chicken, stop basting extra marinade for health reasons, but the left over chicken breast marinade you can boil up and use it as a sauce for the chicken.